Nursing Awards & Scholarships
The Brandywine Health Foundation seeks to address the critical shortage of nurses by encouraging Chester County residents to enter the field of nursing by providing scholarship funds, and recognizing those students who excel academically.
To that end, eleven nursing awards and scholarship funds benefiting nursing students studying at West Chester University and Immaculata University and the CAT-Brandywine Practical Nursing Program are available. Information about the application process, criteria and deadlines is available in the following sections.
Available Awards & Scholarships
- West Chester University Only
- West Chester University and Immaculata University
- CAT-Brandywine Practical Nursing Program
This year, we congratulate the following students on receiving awards:
- Martha and Duane Bohlayer Scholarship: Shakitta D. Plant, CAT-Brandywine School of Nursing (Miatta Ruth Sawyerr, pictured above - is featured in our 2011 Community Report).
- Alumni Association Graduation Award: Jennifer Reed, Immaculata University's Division of Nursing
- Cardiac Rehab Nursing Scholarships: 2012 recipients: Philip Kasitz, Kristen Branin, and Christine Cunningham. 2011 recipients: Ashley Corigliano, Anna Nonnemacher, Brittany Scavello, West Chester University (WCU) Nursing School
- Coatesville Athletic Association Scholarship: Philip J. Kasitz, WCU Nursing School
- Doris K. Cumber and Myrtle Harvey Awards: Mikisha Wesley, Immaculata University's Division of Nursing
- Ethel G. Charlton Nursing Award: Allison Mellen, WCU Nursing School
- Gunard Berry Carlson Recognition Award: Dana Hanson, Immaculata University Division of Nursing
- Henrietta Potter Hankin Award: Ulyana Turkevych, Immaculata University Division of Nursing
- James L. and Miquette M. Cox Nursing Scholarships: Dana Hanson, Mariya Kisil, Mikisha Wesley, Immaculata University Division of Nursing; Philip J. Kasitz, Allison Mellen, WCU Nursing School
- Margaret Barnes Graduation Award: Carol Anne Sellers, Immaculata University's Division of Nursing
- Marie Rooney Nursing Scholarship: Anna Nonemacher, WCU Nursing School