Nursing Awards & Scholarships
The Brandywine Health Foundation seeks to address the critical shortage of nurses by encouraging Chester County residents to enter the field of nursing by providing scholarship funds, and recognizing those students who excel academically.
To that end, eleven nursing awards and scholarship funds benefiting nursing students studying at West Chester University and Immaculata University and the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) Practical Nursing Program are available. Information about the application process, criteria and deadlines is available in the following sections.
Available Awards & Scholarships
- West Chester University Only
- West Chester University and Immaculata University
- Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU) Practical Nursing Program
This year, we congratulate the following students on receiving awards:
- Martha and Duane Bohlayer Scholarship: Laura Huch, CCIU Practical Nursing Program (Miatta Ruth Sawyerr, pictured above - is featured in our 2011 Community Report).
- Alumni Association Graduation Award: Patrick Lavin, WCU Nursing School
- Cardiac Rehab Nursing Scholarships: 2012 recipients: Philip Kasitz, Kristen Branin, and Christine Cunningham.
- Coatesville Athletic Association Scholarship: Laura Alarcon, WCU Nursing School
- Doris K. Cumber and Myrtle Harvey Awards: Shannon Curley, WCU Nursing School
- Ethel G. Charlton Nursing Award: Bridget Phillips, WCU Nursing School
- Gunard Berry Carlson Recognition Award: Jade Proctor, WCU Nursing School
- Henrietta Potter Hankin Award: Bridget Phillips, WCU Nursing School
- James L. and Miquette M. Cox Nursing Scholarships: Laura Alarcon, Shannon Curley, Laura Huch (CCIU Practical Nursing Program), Jade Proctor and Bridget Phillips, WCU Nursing School
- Margaret Barnes Graduation Award: Patrick Booth, WCU Nursing School
- Marie Rooney Nursing Scholarship: Anna Nonemacher, WCU Nursing School